Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving








Well this year we had Thanksgiving at mom and dads house. As usual Jennifer and Eric boycotted Thanksgiving and went to Whistler. Jon, Jannelle, Dayna and Dax were in Kentucky. So this year for Thanksgiving it was Chad and I, Mom and Dad, and Travis, Sarah and TJ. Rather than follow our usual tradition of sticking the turkey in the oven and then going to the movies, we decided to stay in and watch Shrek 3. We watched this (TJ, Dad and I slept through parts of it) and then had dinner.

We all have a lot to be thankful for this year. I am so thankful for my dear husband who continues to amaze me with his patience and understanding with me. He never seems to get tired of hearing me say, "Honey, can you come tuck me in". We often will talk late into the night like kids at a sleepover party. He is trully my best friend and I am so thankful that he is a part of my life. After Dinner the gang played Farkel. Unfortunately I was way too tired to play so I took a nap. Making a baby is hard work. Oh yeah that reminds me of one more thing I am thankful for, I'm thankful that the nausea was able to hold off until after the Thanksgiving festivities.

I brought a kitchen play set over to mom's. It was taking too much space in my classroom. Sarah and Travis are taking it off my hands, but for the time being mom wanted it at her house so the grandkids can have something to play with while they are at Grammy and Popi's house. TJ seems to be enjoying it.

This is what a typical Tremblay Family gathering looks like.


In other news...


Chad's hand seems to be healing perfectly. Below is a picture of what his hand looked like after his reconstructive surgery (the wrap on his index finger came off, but it was identical to the wrap on his middle finger). His ring finger had a plaster cast on it to keep everything in place. Now he doesn't wear anything on his index finger as it is healing nicely, on his middle finger he wears a bandaid and on his ring finger he wears a little bit of gauze and sometimes a finger guard to protect him from hurting it when he is active. As we have said from the beginning, it really could have been much worse. It seems as though he will get all of his nails back, but we are not sure how it will look at this point.

On the 14th Chad and I went to the doctor for our first ultrasound. Below is baby Willwerth. We saw better images of the baby, but this is one of the two pictures we got to keep (the other one is identical). The head is to the right. At one point during the ultrasound we saw a little arm bud moving (it looked like the baby was waving, "Hi mom and dad"). It was so amazing to realize that this little being is only about an inch long but has most of its body parts at this point. The doctor confirmed the due date of June 21st.
That seems to be all the newsy stuff for now, whew I had a lot of catching up to do.


1 comment:

What Rough Beast said...

Happy belated Turkey Day and Merry Pregnancy!