Sunday, May 4, 2008

Too much to do, too little time to do it in!

As June grows nearer Chad and I are overwhelmed with the amount of projects we need to do around the house and expensive items we need to buy before the baby comes. Both add up quickly. I am trying as much as possible to take it easy due to fatigue, swollen feet, sore back and numb thighs, however Chad just can't do it all. When he focuses on the major projects that need to get done the housework suffers, when he focuses on the housework the projects don't get done. Not to mention that our weeks get busier and busier with childbirth classes, doctor's appointments, hypnosis for birth classes and other baby related to-do's. I have decided pregnant or not, it is time I start helping out again. I will do what I can in small increments, but it needs to be done. Today Chad and I were supposed to go to see My Fair Lady at the Paramount. I wouldn't miss this for the world, Chad however, has reached a point of being so overwhelmed by projects and so underwhelmed by the thought of seeing this show that he has decided he doesn't want to go. Fortunately my dad is able to go with me. It will be a fun night for us. I am looking forward to it.

This past Wednesday my friend MariClaire had invited me to see a movie called "The Business of Being Born". MariClaire is a doula and a member of Tacoma Labor Companions. She was to receive a gift for her and her pregnant friend for bringing a pregnant woman. We had decided to go out to dinner before the movie. I thought it would be a fun idea to bring my friend Melissa along, too. After all two pregnant women has to earn more brownie points than one right? Melissa and MariClaire had met once before at my Rock Band Party. Unfortunately I was a few minutes late to the restaurant (Jambalaya). When I walked in I saw MariClaire at one table and Melissa in another area of the restaurant at another table. At any rate the three of us really enjoyed our food and company. The movie was very good too. I highly recommend this movie to any one who is pregnant or supporting someone who is pregnant.

In the upcoming week we have Childbirth class (3 more to go), I have a three day conference in Bellevue from Wednesday to Friday so Chad and I will be carpooling to work, we have a hypnosis for birth session with Nancy and it is Mother's day this weekend. The week after next is even busier!

No comments: