Monday, December 21, 2009

September 9th - School has started

Gen loves to play in this box. I pull her around. Every time I stops she signs "more".





Great Smile!




This is the smile I get when I say "smile".

 
Extreme Close-up




A good picture of her new haircut.


We went to the zoo on Saturday! It started raining just as we were getting ready to leave.
 Genevieve loves to push the stroller.


See the fish Mommy.




She loves the budgies too.







Genevieve has started child care again. It took her a while to get used to the drop off. As soon as we walked in the door she would cling to me. When I left she would cry. She seems to be doing better now. Being in the toddler room is definitely different than being in the infant room. I do not get sheets everyday that tell me what she ate and when she napped. Ah well she's a big girl now. I'm trying to find foods that I can provide that are the most like the child care food so she doesn't want what everyone else has. It sure is tricky to find chicken nuggets and tortillas without corn in them.

Yesterday when I picked her up from child care they were playing outside. I could hear her screaming as soon as I walked out there. They said she had a rough afternoon. Her eyes were all puffy (probably from sunblock), her nose was running and she was crying. She looked miserable. At the time I was thinking this isn't like her. Weird. When I got her home I noticed spots all over her back and chest. I called my doctor they said it's probably chicken pox but there is nothing you can do for it. We went to convenience care just because we wanted to be sure that's what it was. They said it's probably chicken pox. We kept her home today and when she woke up I noticed that her spots had faded to a light pink. I brought her into my doctor's office. The doc there said it's not chicken pox after all. Apparently she had some other type of virus (though he couldn't tell me which one for sure). He also said she can go back to child care as with these "other" viruses once a rash occurs they are no longer contagious. Oh well, at least she'll have her chicken pox vaccine in a couple weeks. It's back to work for me tomorrow and back to child care for Genevieve tomorrow.

No comments: