Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Honestly not too much has happened since my last blog entry, however I felt like it has been a while since I have blogged so it's probably time. June 2nd was my birthday. We celebrated with the family on June 1st. It was a weird birthday for me. It didn't really feel like my birthday. I think this is because everything has been revolved around getting ready for Genevieve's arrival that it felt weird to stop and take some time to celebrate my day. At any rate, we all got together to celebrate. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep to well that night. My stomach was very upset and I was up half the night. I went to work on the 2nd (my birthday) and was feeling very sluggish due to lack of sleep the night before. Mom took me out to lunch and she said afterwards that I didn't really seem like myself. I realize now that I probably wasn't feeling 100% then either. I got home from work and was feeling nauseous and yucky. Usually this is a sign that I need to eat something. So I tried to eat the only thing that sounded palatable at the time and that was chicken noodle soup. Well it didn't stay down for long. I must have caught a bug or something. This was very different from the nauseous I feel due to being pregnant. What a birthday present huh? I'm not sick all winter but my birthday comes around, well Happy Birthday to me. It wasn't too bad though, it only lasted about 24 hours. Chad came home that day with beautiful flowers. How sweet huh? Hmmm not really. He says, "I don't know who they are from". His grandparents sent me flowers for my birthday. It was very sweet of them. Also I got a Willow Tree figurine from Chad's parents called Cherish (see picture). Chad got me the new Sweeney Todd DVD, the collectors edition of Singing in the Rain and the Avenue Q CD (very funny). Thanks to Jennifer and Eric for the Borders gift cards, Travis, Sarah and TJ for the Olive garden gift card and to mom and dad for the spending money. Dad also presented to me a painting that he had done for the nursery. We love it! I'll need to grab a picture of that to add to the blog as well.









We had another ultrasound on the 4th. There wasn't really anything new at this appointment. The one picture we got was blurry and not worth posting. Everything still looks good. Baby's head is down and everything is as it should be. My puffy feet are permanently puffy regardless of how much I keep them up but some days are definitely better than others. I'm still sleeping pretty good but some nights I have to get up for a little bit because my hips are too sore. I really can't complain too much. Everyone keeps asking me if I am ready for Genevieve yet. I usually say I will be after everything at work gets squared away. Of course if she came today I would still be ready, it'll just be easier for me to relax after the 19th. I've been trying to take it easy as much as possible and have even worked a couple days from home which has help immensely. Thankfully there is only a week and a half left of school and I plan on taking a handful of those days off. This Wednesday we have an appointment with a pediatrician we are checking out. This upcoming weekend Chad has "Daddy Boot Camp" which he is looking forward to. We also have Avenue Q (see below), which I have been looking forward to for some time. I keep hoping we actually make it. We are in the window of time where I could deliver at any time. 80% of women deliver either two weeks before or two weeks after their due date.
AVENUE Q is the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who comes to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. He soon discovers that the only neighborhood in his price range is Avenue Q; still, the neighbors seem nice. There's Brian the out-of-work comedian and his therapist fianceƩ Christmas Eve; Nicky the good-hearted slacker and his roommate Rod -- a Republican investment banker who seems to have some sort of secret; an Internet addict called Trekkie Monster; and a very cute kindergarten teaching assistant named Kate. And would you believe the building's superintendent is Gary Coleman?!? (Yes, that Gary Coleman.) Together, Princeton and his new found friends struggle to find jobs, dates, and their ever-elusive purpose in life.
Keep your fingers crossed that Chad and I will get to go to Avenue Q. I'll let you know how it is. Wow it is just donning on me how close we really are to the due date. It's a scary thought, but we'll figure it out as we go like all parents do.

No comments: