Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gen's Health

Yesterday (2/16/09) I took Gen to a new doctor to get a second opinion. He ordered a chest x-ray, tested for strep, tested for MRSA, said she has an ear infection in one ear and fluid in the other, said she has walking Pneumonia, and had me take her to the lab to get tested for RSV. See I knew my little girl was sick. I'm just glad someone is finally listening to me. He gave her a shot of antibiotics, gave her a prescription of antibiotics and asked that I give her albuterol (with an inhaler) every four hours and flovent in the evening and morning. He also asked that he see her again today to see if her breathing has improved. We have an appointment today at 10:30 AM. I really don't want to have to keep her on the inhalers because it is peer torture for her, she doesn't understand why we are doing this to her, but if it makes her better I'm all for it. We had stopped doing the inhalers because we had no proof that it was actually helping at least this way we will know. We had to miss swim class last night, the doctor advised us not to take her. Oh well, there are worst things for sure.

No comments: